Re: __openerp__.py

On Tuesday 04 May 2010, you wrote:
> 2010/5/3 P. Christeas <xrg@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> > On Monday 03 May 2010, Davide Corio wrote:
> > > is there a reason why __terp__ is now replaced with __openerp__ and not
> > > __openobject__ ?
> >
> > Yec, a certain one:
> > since the community days, we have decided to drop the term "openobject"
> > and only use the "openerp". This is done so that there is only one word,
> > less confusion.
>
> What is the scope when says **drop the term**, what about community?,
> channel and others things whats involving openobject

Sorry, perhaps I'm using the wrong wording. And, remember that I do not
represent the OpenERP SA., but I'm just an third party community member.
Perhaps people of OpenERP SA. can give us a better answer.

The main idea, as far as it has reached my understanding, is that the term
"openobject" would distract attention from the "OpenERP" brand (not as a
company, though, but a product in the open-source world). Thus, I agree with
the marketing move to /play down/ that term, in favour of making "OpenERP"
something famous.