Re: Res partner title management in trunk

Am Donnerstag 27 Mai 2010, 17:13:47 schrieb Nicolas Bessi:
> Dear community,
+ 1
titles should be translatable and a "normal" m2o relation - this is specially
true for countries where using correct titles is key to success

> Partner title (res.partner.title) management in v.4 and v.5 is the source
> of lot of problems, limitation and error :
>
> 	- Title are field selection value that are hard to translate, especially
> in wizard context. -You can not have different title title with the same
> shortcut, this generate strange behavior in GTK client -It is hard to
> migrate, particularly when the user customize the title s -If a title
> shortcut is modified all the addresses linked to the shortcut are not
> modified, worst the title did not appear anymore in linked addresses.
> -etc.
>
> The problem is design oriented as the link between title and addresses /
> partner is not a standard ORM link but use a strange word matching. It
> would be great to standardize this point and transform this point in an
> orm relation. The choice of using a selection field does not worth/justify
> the troubles and user anger when strange behavior appears. (And the work
> of the partner to fix all the stuff  ^_^ )
>
> I know it will mean some migration work from 5 to 6 but the result will
> worth it.
>
> I'm looking for your advice.
>
> Regards
>
> Nicolas

> Camptocamp SA
> Senior ERP consultant
> Nicolas Bessi
> PSE A
> CH-1015 Lausanne
> http://www.camptocamp.com
> http:/www.openerp.com
>
> +41 21 619 10 26 (direct)
> +41 21 619 10 10 (centrale)
> +41 21 619 10 00 (fax)

Best Regards

ChriCar Beteiligungs- und Beratungs- GmbH
http://www.chricar.at/ChriCar/index.html
Dr. Ferdinand Gassauer
Official Tiny Partner