Re: Trunk vs. trunk-pg84

On Friday 11 June 2010, you wrote:
> On 06/11/2010 10:30 AM, P. Christeas wrote:
> > On Friday 11 June 2010, you wrote:
> >> Hi xrg,
> >>
> >> About your branch, there is a abstract layer for the PostgreSQL ?
> >> Do you handle the version of the RDBMS ?
> >
> > I keep the same sql_db.py script, only checking the server version (which
> > is fetched by psycopg2, anyway). Then, a class var  '__pgmode' global var
> > is set at the cursors, and can be overriden. This means that at runtime,
> > the pgmode behaviour can be changed (and thus compare them at the same
> > server).
> >
> >> About the base_quality_interrogation.py script and others scripts
> >>  (change_level.sh, etc...) I think we will remove them because I don't
> >> know why these scripts are present in the sources.
> >
> > Please, don't remove, just move into another dir, if you want. They are
> > very helpful, because we can elevate the log level, turn on-off debugging
> > or some other features at runtime, which saves a lot of development time!
>
> About this point, I prefer to create a service to manage the configmanager
>  and call this service via xmlrpc
They are xml-rpc, already. It's just that they are low-level, outside the osv
layer, so that they are called directly and not affected by the db or any
osv/orm problems. Most of these features only need the server's admin
password.

At this point, I agree with you that these variables should some day be
exposed to the orm layer (through some special class, perhaps?) so that they
can be read/set through the Client/Admin menu..