Re: wide tables: res.partner

On Friday 09 July 2010 P. Christeas wrote:
> In a recent commit, I just noticed another module that inherits
"res.partner"
the _inherits issue

look at product_product
it's not possible to sort the tree view by product_template.name - it's
absolutely user UNfriendly and useless to display 80 random products when
opening the product list - (I added a stored functional field to
product_product which allows me to output a sorted list)
IMHO it would be better to display NO products and do a search to display the
records the user wants to see - and even this list can't be sorted with the
current version.(without my hack)

Just think of remote access without flat rate ...
the user has to wait to get a load of data which he/she does not need ....
enter a query criteria - get an unsorted list - sort it.....

I suggested long ago that the server should not output any data if the result
is (much) bigger than the "limit" for the table.
A client has some 1000 partners - the first 80 include almost  NEVER the
partner he looks for. Same problem for products, accounts etc. - with
additional drawdown, that computational fields (debit,credit, product
available etc are calculated - putting absolute useless and unused burden on
the server.

A huge usability ad performance issue.....

--
regards
Ferdinand Gassauer