Re: optimizations

On Friday 17 September 2010, you wrote:
> Hello xrg,
>
> well, I don't understand why you won't package that search_read OpenERP v6
> (at least our naive version if you are unsure about your implementation).

Well, let me reply that again you are /not/ the first to comment on the way the
current VCS is blocking rather than helping us co-operate.

If your change was really 3 lines, (same as mine, actually), it would be
straightforward to "drop" it in the code. But again, all API changes may have
drawbacks or questions (even silly ones, like the name of the function you
use). So, you eventually cannot just apply a patch on trunk, before some cycle
of develoment+testing.

But your change (neither mine) are *not* 3 lines: in order for a new API to
work, you have to make the client(s) etc. to use it. And then, which API
should they prefer [1]?

Let me tell you that I do agree with you on the importance of the patch.
However, I don't agree on the timing. If it's a feature, just let it wait for
v6.1 . On the other hand, we are a free and open project, nobody will forbid
you from applying the patch on your branches, test it and show the community
that you have something to feel proud of.

Btw. where is that code? may I merge it into my (experimental) branch?

[1] remember my patch about the "server options"?

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!