too many product fields issue in Magentoerpconnect

Hello experts,

You might be interested by the following discussion occurring in this
magentoerpconnect bug tracker:
https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/openobject-addons/openobject-addons_5.0_report_intrastat
Basically, in Magentoerpconnect, we create many product_product fields on
the fly to replicate the Magento product attributes. This often work but in
some extreme situations as the one faced by CampToCamp,
it might fails (creating too many columns).
A smarter design would have been to use _inherits and adding specific
product attributes in specific tables, but by mid 2009 there were to many
_inherits bug in the OpenERP ORM so we abandoned that idea.
May be things would be different though in OpenERP 6, I let you read and
comment eventually.

Best regards.

Raphaël Valyi
Founder and ERP Consultant