Sorting function fields

On 09/27/2011 09:27 PM, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/854730

the decision to move client side sort to server side sort must be backed by
appropriate measures on server side to get results expected by users.

IMHO we would avoid a lot of discussion and troubles with more demanding clients.

(...) (removed non technical rant and blah blah)

a) in a test installation for most columns filter and sort works
b) people/users can (and should) not distinguish between database fields and
function fields - that's EDP internals

Yes I agree that it is a _usability_ issue. But let's get technical and public bring the discussion on openerp-expert-framework i see two options:

- enable client side sort when server side doesnt work in WYSIWYS mode (What you see is what you sort :-) - find a solution to sort server side (computing every records? and maybe caching it?)

Do you suggest to enable client side sort on non stored function field ? I'm not sure it's a good idea but i'm not against it either (it should be clear that you sort only what you see). I think you should bring up the issue on openerp-expert-framework. A merge proposal on lp:openerp-web to implement it as web module would be welcome as part of the discussion.

Follow ups