Re: Improving netrpc protocol by using pickle v2 protocole and improving socket.recv

On Tuesday 11 October 2011, Nicolas Bessi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We should have a good improvement of performance in netrpc protocol by
> using protocol version 2 of pickle protocol.
> http://docs.python.org/library/pickle.html#data-stream-format

My opinion is that Net-RPC should be deprecated. The sooner the better.

It just suffers too many design flaws, that can't be addressed without totally
breaking the way it works (and thus compatibility). So, fixing just one of them
doesn't thrill me at all.
Sorry folks.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!