Re: Documentation for OpenERP Web

On 2012-02-22, at 14:32 , Lionel Sausin, de la part de l'équipe informatique Numérigraphe wrote:
> Le 22/02/2012 11:32, Xavier Morel wrote :
>> (...)
>>
>> And since the community seems appreciative of openerp-web's documentation being embedded in the project (Simone Orsi already had a compiled version of it [0]), maybe we could split the current "developer book" and move its sections into the various projects (server, addons, web, ...) instead of having a huge monolitic docs repository (the documentation would still get published in the same place, it's just the source which would be moved around).
> It makes sense for tech docs, but "the community" already complains a lot about the docs being in a bzr repo instead of a wiki. Moving it to a more strictly controlled repo will definitively kill functional experts' remaining incentive to write docs.

This plan would be solely and exclusively for the technical documentation(s), so mainly server and web client API docs, coding and development guides guides, &al. I have no idea about the functional documentation, but I would *not* expect this move to make sense for it (it's not as linked to one part or an other of the project, and translations are of significantly more value).