on code style homogenisation...

Hi all,

Is there any coding convention enforced on the OpenERP Code ?

I'm thinking about:
- code pure aesthetic as the PEP08, or PEP257
   http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/
   http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0257/
   (ie: trailing whitespace, 80 col ...)
- best practice as checked by pylint
   (size of variables, number of method, ...)
- code coverage checks
- code complexity checks

These could be a simple reference doc which lists convention (if PEP8/PEP257 is thought as unadequate) that could be enforced:
- by reviewers
- an automatic yes/no pre-commit hook
- monitored via diffstats given by the runbot

All this because readability counts, please check this for an argumentation in favor of pep8 in large project:

http://www.sixfeetup.com/blog/why-pep8-for-plone-development

Any supporter for an homogeneous openerp code ? Please don't get me wrong, I won't fight on that "closing-brace-indentation". Question is to have an homogeneous openerp code, is that of any interests from the core developper, or the dev community ?

Note: javascript openerp code aesthetics would need also more love.

--
Valentin LAB

tel:  +33 6 71 39 62 13
mail: valentin.lab@xxxxxxxxxxx