Re: Replace Pychart with Javascript library

On 2012-04-26, at 05:43 , Ovnicraft wrote:

> Hello, i email you for your help with this, i consider pychart is a
> dinosaur in server for years was not updated.
>
> My proposal here is put a controller and JS layer over a good JS library,
> here i get two good recommendations from Fabien[1] and Christophe
> Chauvet[2] i really prefer [2] in know is possible in a clean way with
> trunk but my question is how replace, i need understand the system in this
> how this is working now.
>
> With your explanation i can do it faster.

I must have missed something, because this does not make a lick of sense: pychart is used to generate charts *for server-side reports only* (there are like 2 of them left), why would the server require a javascript runtime and library to add a chart to a report?

I can understand wanting to get rid of PyChart, and either removing all report charts or switching to an other Python charting library (Chaco, Matplotlib, CairoPlot, …), but I can't see going through 5 levels of external crap as sensible.