Re: lp:~numerigraphe/openobject-server/trunk-read_group-having into lp:openobject-server

Hi Philippe and Lionel,

The need to allow filtering on the _result_ of read_group queries rather than the source rows is dire and has been discussed in the past, so it is great to see you work on it!
Please have a look at comment #11 of bug 743715, I think it describes the context in more details.

Based on what I wrote in that comment, I think we may perhaps find an elegant approach to solving this issue that does not require to modify the OpenERP clients or introduce more context parameters, etc. The idea would be to completely switch the behavior of read_group from using a WHERE clause to a HAVING clause as soon as we are in "analysis" mode, i.e. when `group_by_no_leaf` is passed in the context. It seems a reasonably logical behavior with no much side effects, and it looks like it would certainly work for your stock analysis use case.

What do you guys think? Does it seem to make sense to you too? If yes, would you be willing to validate this approach with a rework of your patch in that direction?

Thanks!
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~numerigraphe/openobject-server/trunk-read_group-having/+merge/104579
Your team OpenERP Framework Experts is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~numerigraphe/openobject-server/trunk-read_group-having into lp:openobject-server.