Re: Making fields readonly by group

Hi,

I'd also like to address this issue; I made a suggestion in launchpad, and already discussed it with Openerp developers during the community days: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/983018

Basically, it would be nice to do something similar to the "states" attribute, knowing one provides a dictionary instead of just a list of groups to the "groups" attribute, e.g.
groups="{'readonly':...}".

Cheers!

This is a very good question, a real problem for us too.

    Is there any way to implement some module that can take this into
    account in a general way?? I don't know how this can be accomplished
    but I will spend my time developing something like that with some
    hints

    BR

    Damián Soriano