who uses the stock.picking location fields?

Hello everyone,

I'm under the impression that no one uses the location_id and
location_dest_id fields of stock.picking, at least in the standard
addons of V6.1 (maybe I'm mistaken...).

I'm very uneasy about this:

* are these fields a leftover from a previous version?
* are they here to be used by 3rd party modules?
* is there an assumption that all moves within a picking must have the
same location_id and location_dest_id?

I'm asking because I'm currently working for a costumer who has several
warehouses, and being able to filter the pickings by origin and
destination would be helpful. However, pickings generated by the sale
module don't have this information filled in, nor do pickings created by
push moves.

Thanks for your help.

--
Alexandre Fayolle