Re: Performance issues and possible enhancements suggestion

On Wednesday 15 August 2012, Leonardo Santagada wrote:
> 2012/8/15 Raphael Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxx>
> > On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Raphael Alla <raphael.alla@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I get that they developed their own because there wasn't any good orm
> 10 years ago. Today I think the SQLAlchemy branch is fastest path to a
> sane DB usage. No need to do query rewriting, just make OpenERP
> postgresql only but using SQLAlchemy...

Do you have any experiments, any numbers?

Any code to back these wishes?

Typical times to build a new OpenERP db, with all standard modules:

6.0 :    450 sec
6.1:     500 + * (with many modules being broken and excluded)
pg84:  280 sec
F3:      250-270sec

Sadly, the 6.0/6.1 have intentionally refused to accept dimensioning patches
(the ones that allow query stats or repetitive procedures; eg. Nx sale
orders). So we cannot compare the other operations.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!