Re: Making our way out from the bloated extra-addons repository

Hi Carlos,

On the base, I completely agree with you ! The point is, we need to act now or never ;) Putting in place all of this will take lots of time and we need to starts somewhere. So:

Le 31 oct. 2012 à 14:05, Carlos Liébana <carlos.liebana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> - There should be a unique community branch, mirroring the top quality modules available wherever they are. If the development of one particular module is discontinued, community should take care of it.

=> We can't merge multi-branch in one with Bazaar. Using another tool is not here the point. So not easy to do. Better small community by topic that review their work on what they really know.

> - To be part of those top modules, there should be some internal rules to be accomplisehd: quality of code, interest for the community, testing scenarios...

=> This can be setup inside and around every topic : account-payment-extra will be maintained by all involved people. Every improvment will land in a merge proposal that everyone can criticize...

The advantage of taking, I mean all of us, partners and contributors, this direction is that we'll move on in the good way. That will probably be improved in the future to add your requests and remarks. But let's start somewhere, what do you think ?

IMHO, this suggestion bring the first step to improve the current situation.

Regards,

Joël

--

Joël Grand-Guillaume