Web widget for Editable Tree views barely usable in trunk

Hi,

Tree view widget is broken
--------------------------

I'm using the editable tree view widget, and I can't stand the silence around this case.

This widget is utterly broken. In trunk. I filled a bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openerp-web/+bug/1086933

And I know that's not a precise bug with a clean way to reproduce it, but I won't have time to list all the bugs. See the video if you want quick idea.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openerp-web/+bug/1086933/+attachment/3452910/+files/editable-treeview-widget.ogv

My question are:
- is the editable tree view officialy known to be in WIP state ? And will we get a better widget for the final 7.0 ?
- through which QA process did this code go ?

Bugs report take time to make it through

I've lost time to report this bug to get a first random answer to my bug report which randomly found an example where it works (yes, I'm using it daily, so I know you can bend it enough to find some way to get the basic tasks done, but you must have a hard learn experience before.). And I had to record my video to show what seems to me complete evidence.

This is not the first time, and even if I'm aware of the fact that bug triage is not an easy task. I'm used to report to different type of opensource software, and I must say I think twice for OpenERP before reporting a bug, and not for other projects.

- Am I the only one having a huge list of bugs that I have to report to OpenERP but I haven't time for it ? Having to rebase a pile of home-made patches to a handfull critical bugs ?

These patches are often much more easily written than getting your bug report read and accepted.

Sorry if I might sound pissed off, but that's what frustration leads to usually. If there was a better way to report this, please comment.

Thanks for reading.

--
Valentin LAB
Ingénieur Développement