Re: New connectors

On 12/10/2012 08:18 PM, Maxime Chambreuil wrote:
Hello,

I think this was the list mentioned for discussions about project creation.

We need to integrate OpenERP with:

     * Redmine: http://www.redmine.org
     * RT: http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/
     * SugarCRM : http://www.sugarcrm.com

and I was thinking of creating new projects with their respective team, based on openobject-extension:

     * redminerpconnect
     * rterpconnect
     * sugarcrmerpconnect

As the import_sugarcrm module is discontinued , I plan to move it in sugarcrmerpconnect until the new connector is stable enough.

Any comments ?

Hello Maxime,

Your new projects are very welcome in the *erpconnect world :-)

However, we wish to start a refactoring project on 'base_external_referentials' and 'base_sale_multichannels' (and 'magentoerpconnect') and if all goes well, a lot of things would change (it would be far simpler to create new connectors). I hope we'll able to give more details in a near future.

In any case, we'll try to not break the existing connectors (deprecation of a part of the actual API), but one day or another you would need to switch to the new API.

I don't have any conclusion, you may want to wait some time or already start with the actual API, anyway you'll be informed in time about our plans.

Best,

--
Guewen Baconnier

Business Solutions Software Developer