Re: Possibility of Integration of OpenERP with Shibboleth

Dear Cloves,

Many thanks for your email. However, if we change the authorization logic
of OpenERP, will it be acceptable to OpenERP SA or to community. Does it
make a business case, in other words, will this change will be acceptable
to OpenERP partners and does this thing has some market value or business
need?

I understand that in the presence of auth_openid, this thing might not be
that useful especially in the authentication part and Authorization will
need smart changes in the ORM.

Regards,

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Cloves Almeida <cjalmeida@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  OpenERP supports OpenID through the auth_openid module. One could use as
> a guide to implement SAML.
>
> We're talking about "authentication" only - asserting someone is who he
> says he is. That's what SAP did on the presentation.
>
> Implementing external authorization - asserting someone can access/do what
> he wants - is way more intricate. IIRC, authorization logic is deeply
> integrated into ORM layer.
>
> Em 07-02-2013 05:39, masoom alam escreveu:
>
> Dear All,
>
>  Is there is any possibility of Shibboleth [1] integration with OpenERP.
> If possible, any useful ideas, please share on how it should be done.
> Previously, SAP has been integrated with Shibboleth successfully [2]. Does
> it need to change the OpenERP server, will that change will be acceptable
> to the community, OpenERP SA.?
>
>  Best,
> MM Alam
>
>  [1]  http://www.internet2.edu/shibboleth