openerp 7 nightly build backward compat

Hi all,

We run a prod system using the nightly deb repo, I wanted to confirm,
any new nightly builds (and therefore debs) are meant to stay backward
compatible to previous 7 nightly builds right? Outright field changes
and things that will break custom modules or customizations will not
happen with the nightlies right?

The nightlies we're using are from:
http://nightly.openerp.com/7.0/nightly/deb/

I can't find the script that builds the nightlies anywhere in the
repo's, I take it the above link is built from 7.0's branch? and not
trunk? The download page on the website mentions 7.0 stable and points
to this same nightly link.

While on the stable upgrade topic, once a deb based update is done to a
newer build, is openerp-server -d <DB> -a all meant to be done? Or is
it not necessary? The deb postinst script does not run this, is it
needed at all?

Thanks.

--
Hiren