Usage of timezones stored in user setting ?

Hi,

I'm currently working with some event code and I was wondering how Timezone support is supposed to be handled ?

Especially, there's a user setting labelled "Timezone" that you can change, but I'm not sure what it is supposed to do.

For example, if I go to Messaging / Calendar (with base_calendar module installed), and I create a new event, it doesn't seem to take my user setting into account, and seems to use my system setting.

To be more precise: the web client sends json containing the UTC date to the ``create`` action. And this UTC date seems to come from my system preferences and not openerp preferences. Tests are quite easy to make on runbot for instance.

Is this a bug or is their some special meaning to the timezone stored in the user settings that I wouldn't be aware of ?

Did I miss a special trick ?

Thanks for your enlightenments,

--
Valentin LAB