openerp-expert-localization team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #216251]: [TRUNK] We have already all states in modules for 4 countries.

Question #216251 on OpenERP Addons changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+question/216251

Nhomar Hernandez (Vauxoo) gave more information on the question:
About this:

>>- I don't think relying dynamically on an external source (eg. the
webservice from geonames) is good, because we then depend on something
we don't control. The day it stops or disappears or if it's down, the
users are stuck and we have to do everything all over again. It doesn't
prevent to copy from it though. I think that if the structure of that 1
module is clean, it will be very easy for any other contributor to add
his own country/states/... to it by copying existing ones.

+1 Thanks for the remark, i forgot said this explicitly, but this is the
main idea, pull first commit with first XML from some web-service
available, there are 2 or three i think, we must just decide the besst
and make the first bunch of xml files.

After this by bug reports and MP we can manage the updating.

About this:

>> - It would be sane to wait for a "go ahead" from OpenERP R&D to make
sure it fits in the big picture. But nobody should care about whether it
will be merged considering it will be available through the Apps
platform, and if it is good and used, it will be visible and maintained
(thanks to the new Apps platform).

Am agreed, the only issue i see with this option is that the evolution
of OpenERP will not consider this "Community Module" and if it is not
merged in the core respecting OpenERP policies, it can be forgotten for
future versions and the official migration platform, and being a core
data system i really prefer in this case that it can be merged.

But BTW as you say, we will wait the R&D team PoV ..

Thanks again Fabrice for your comments.

--
You received this question notification because you are a direct
subscriber of the question.