openerp-expert-localization team mailing list archive

Re: [Openerp-community] AKRETION BRAZILIAN LOCALIZ

Hello Syllas,

the reason the 7.0 serie isn't created yet is that we don't want to create
false expectations while it's not 100% ready as today I would say that 80%
of the OpenERP Brazilian community members are already very illuded about
the maturity of OpenERP in Brazil (it's possible in a few situations but
t's really not for the faint hearted yet, in fact it's more still for alien
skills people to tell it straight). Bare in mind less than around 15
companies at most in whole Brazil should be able to use OpenERP in a way
they produce their legal electronic invoices with it. Half being done by
us, guys with more than 10 years of passionate professional experience,
most in open source or ERP fields, 5 years of OpenERP experience.

But let's say 80% of what was working n 6.1 is working on 7.0 only. At
Akretion we are working hard to complete the work and take advantage of the
permission to do backward compatibility changes of the major OpenERP
release increment to refactor what should be refactored. We have a 3
customers in production on V7 in Brazil already but we only guarrantee it
works for them in their situation and we SQL migrate them when appropriate,
this is something a bit different than something 100% mature. That being
said, the 7.0 serie will probably be created at the end of next week.

Your best chance is to go with these branches:

   -
   https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-brazil-team/openerp.pt-br-localiz/migr-l10n-br-sale
   -
   https://code.launchpad.net/~account-core-editors/openerp-fiscal-rules/7.0
   -
   https://code.launchpad.net/~extra-addons-commiter/openobject-extension/7.0

Project tasks tend to be maintained here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openerp.pt-br-localiz/+specs?show=all
but frankly as Akretion did around 98% of the commits since 2009, we were a
bit fed up with maintaining the list of every task with nobody contributing
and don't maintain that list with too much rigor these days and privilege
getting in touch with the few folks helping the projects (around 4-5 non
Akretion guys too).

To avoid spamming non Brazilian users, I suggest you head up to the
dedicated localization discussion group that has activity since 2009 and
have a few hundreds members despite only few being able to manage a full
implementation considering the state of the art:
http://www.openerpbrasil.org/comunidade

We should soon communicate about some of the many achievements that were
achieved in the localization for OpenERP v7.
Meanwhile there is still work to be done and even fellow contributions to
merge such as this one today:
https://code.launchpad.net/~fnegrini/openerp.pt-br-localiz/openerp.pt-br-localiz/+merge/151319

Welcome abroad and good luck with your project! Hint: start with the lower
module layers and their localization: progress to upper layers only once
you master the lower layers.

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant