openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: Stock moves' and pickings' statuses are messed up

On Montag 30 August 2010 16:28:55 Dukai Gábor wrote:
> Hi!
> Stock moves and pickings have similar statuses but they behave differently
> if the user handles the move directly or through a picking.
>
> This is not only a problem because of inconsistency but one picking could
> have it's moves in different states and the picking's unlink() method only
> verifies the picking's state and forces the move to be deleted even if
> it's done!
>
> Here is a summary of the stock.move's states and how they're handled:
> -draft: can be deleted directly (Y) and from a picking (Y)
> -waiting, confirmed, assigned: can't be deleted directly (N) but if the
> picking is in auto, confirmed, assigned, it will force the moves to be
> deleted (Y) -done: can't be deleted directly (N) and done picking can't be
> deleted either (N)
> -cancel: can be deleted directly (Y) but a cancelled picking can't be
> deleted (N)
>
> It's messed up.
>
> My proposal:
> -Let only the stock.move decide if it can be deleted or not. It would raise
> an exception if not and that would prevent the picking to be
> deleted, too.
> -To authorize deleting of cancelled moves, one of these checks should be
> done (don't know which one is the best):
> --the user is admin
> --it's a company-level setting
> --only stock managers can delete cancelled moves
>
> I could come up with a bug report and a patch if you agree this problem
> should be solved.

Please do never "delete" anything.....

it's not audit prove to delete confirmed/posted ... etc objects

I have had enough arguments with users who pretend to
"never have done this"
"i have done it, but someone deleted it.."

in a multi user system we have to take into account that between confirm and
delete someone has printed the document etc ... this
Even cancelling must generate the respective documents and (OpenERP or the
user) must make sure that the addressee receives the information about
cancellation.

Best Regards

ChriCar Beteiligungs- und Beratungs- GmbH
http://www.chricar.at/ChriCar/index.html
Dr. Ferdinand Gassauer
Official Tiny Partner