openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

OpenERP Capacity / Resource Planning -> Real Calendar Solution

conexus
your it solution partner

Subject    OpenERP Capacity / Resource Planning  -> Real Calendar Solution

Hello Community Members,

Watching the Partner Mailing List, we notice that many Partners are looking for Manufacturing References. So do we, but for acquiring those we believe OpenERP would need a better Capacity / Resource Planning.

Ana Juaristi from AvanzOsc has done a very, very good work extending the MRP Functionality of OpenERP.

Before going further into Capacity / Resource Planning and shiftworking, the next step would be to add a key functionality to OpenERP.
A real Calendar Solution, not only a View Type.
Perhaps this Solution could not only be interesting for MRP, what about HR, CRM, ...?

In our Opinion the Calendar should provide the following functionalities:
- Management of Country specific legal Holidays (not only for the own Company, also for Partners),
- Company Holidays,
- Holidays per Employee,
- "Holidays" per Resource (Work Center, etc.)
- Possibility to blend/merge these into a single Calendar View. One Calendar View based on different Objects.

Like Ana Juaristi already mentioned, it's about global Calendars and Calendars by Object.

We would like to ask you about your opinion and perhaps there can be a discussion about requirements and functional or technical Solutions.
Furthermore we would like to ask who would be willing to contribute, either by knowledge, development or perhaps funding.

with kind regards,
Petersen & Petersen

[cid:image001.jpg@01CCAB67.7F301320]

Conexus
A  6830 Rankweil
In der Schaufel 54
T  0043 5522 48331
F  0043 5522 48381
E  office@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:office@xxxxxxxxxx>
W www.conexus.at<http://www.conexus.at/>

Vorarlberger Volksbank
BLZ:  45710
Konto:  101 017 197
BIC:  VOVBAT2B
IBAN: AT31 4571 0001 0101 7197

UST-NR. ATU36612607 Steuernummer : 363 / 6200
Handelsgericht Feldkirch 6800

JPEG image

Follow ups