openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

More manufacturing functionality - modules?

We have been contacted by a manufacturer who is interested in 'simple MRP,
not MRP2' and I thought of offering OpenERP for this, but was told:

"OpenERP does not have the following MRP2 functionality which, even if it
will not be used, needs to be available to use, such as:

   - real-time posting of accounting transactions for WIP,
   - costs rollup,
   - advanced routing,
   - phantom boms, (although it is in OpenERP, it doesn't work as expected),
   - shipping boms,
   - labour constraints,
   - production planning,
   - attrition,
   - conversions,
   - unit serialisation"

Does anybody have any comment about this? E.g. Is it a complete list? Are
there modules available for any of these? Has anything changed between 6.0
and 7.0?

Thank you.

--
All the best,