openerp-expert-service team mailing list archive

Bluepirnt "Analytic Accounts for Project Tasks"

Hi everyone,

 I've stumpled again on what I believe should be a common need:
 "When recording time on HR Timesheet, be able to select the specific
Project Task where the time was spent."

 The fact is that project Timesheets don't work properly with HR
Timesheets.
 Customizing HR Timesheets is not desireable, because it makes you harder
to use mobile apps developed for the official modules.

 I came up with what I think that could be an elegant solution.
 """
 * Leave HR Timesheets as they are; time related to Tasks should be
recorded on Task-specific Analytic Accounts.
 * Instead, each Project Task should have a corresponding Analytic Account,
child of the Project's analytic account.
 * Add to Project Tasks a many2many link to analytic lines, to use instead
of `project_timesheet`.
 """

 I think these changes are rather simple, but I would like other opinions
on this and on how it compares to other existing modules that also solve
this (like those built by Camp2Camp).

 The Launchpad blueprint is at:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/project-service/+spec/tasks-analytic

Regards