openerp-india team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #237893]: at is not working in ubuntu 12.04

Question #237893 on sudo in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+question/237893

Manfred Hampl proposed the following answer:
Where did you expect to get the output?
The at command is executed in a completely different environment that your terminal window.
I am sure that the at command worked well, and that it has echoed the string "hia" to its own output that (according to "man at") should have been mailed to you - but I guess you will not have set up your system as mail server for that to work.

Better define where the command should store its output in a manner like actionparsnip has shown in his answer
e.g.
at 10:12
echo hia >> ~/myatjob.log

OpenERP Indian Team, which is an answer contact for sudo in Ubuntu.