openerp-india team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #237893]: At is not working in ubuntu 12.04

Question #237893 on sudo in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+question/237893

prasad.ram is still having a problem:
I got it but i would like execute commands
for e.g
at 22:50
at>shutdown +30
at><EOT>
at>
but it is not working.can you please tell me is it possible or not?
Thanks in advance

On 23/10/2013, Manfred Hampl <question237893@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Your question #237893 on sudo in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+question/237893
>
> Manfred Hampl proposed the following answer:
> Where did you expect to get the output?
> The at command is executed in a completely different environment that your
> terminal window.
> I am sure that the at command worked well, and that it has echoed the string
> "hia" to its own output that (according to "man at") should have been mailed
> to you - but I guess you will not have set up your system as mail server for
> that to work.
>
> Better define where the command should store its output in a manner like
> actionparsnip has shown in his answer
> e.g.
> at 10:12
> echo hia >> ~/myatjob.log
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+question/237893/+confirm?answer_id=1
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+question/237893
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

OpenERP Indian Team, which is an answer contact for sudo in Ubuntu.