openerp-india team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #270992]: sudo: unable to cache group

Question #270992 on sudo in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+question/270992

Greg Michael is still having a problem:
I fully understand that this version of the OS is end of life - believe
me, if I could get rid of it, I'd be on it.  I'm not the one that gets
to make the decision about upgrading or replacing.

That said...

I did Google the error, and none of the hits that I got applied to my
situation.  This server is using CentrifyDC to allow us to link directly
to our Active Directory infrastructure for authentication.  The error is
being generated for an AD group that is referenced in the sudoers file
using the "%" prefix.  There are no duplicated entries for the group in
/etc/sudoers, and the GID of the group is a randomly generated 10-digit
number as created by Centrify.  The AD group does not exist in the local
/etc/group file.  There are no duplicated users or groups in the local
/etc/passwd and /etc/group files.  There are numerous entries in the
/etc/sudoers file for other AD groups that have multiple individual
entries, and they do not generate this error.

The AD group name for this problem in the sudoers file is "Role-
Translations_XTM_Contractors."  As long as there is only one entry in
the file for this group, the sudo utility has no problem with it.  As
soon as there are 2 or more entries, that's when the "unable to cache
group" error gets reported.

I need to be clear:  I am not expecting a patch or bug fix to be
created.  I'm looking for any existing (obviously old) patches or
package versions that might be related to the issue.  This is a legacy
server, and as such, best effort is all that can be expected.

--
You received this question notification because your team OpenERP Indian
Team is an answer contact for sudo in Ubuntu.