openerp-india team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #146767]: root login

Question #146767 on sudo in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+question/146767

Richard Jones posted a new comment:
Having read the above responses; I am in agreement with the reasoning to
avoid use of root; however, while attempting to install gEDA programs,
there are many errors that say cannot open file, permission denied. The
install was attempted using sudo as prefix to the apt-get commands. Some
investigation showed those files to be owned by root. So if I changed
heir file permissions to 777, some would be opened, some would not.
Perhaps some other problem is occurring. Computer is running Ubuntu
18.04.3

--
You received this question notification because your team OpenERP Indian
Team is an answer contact for sudo in Ubuntu.