openjdk team mailing list archive

Re: Introduction GSoC Jigsaw student

Welcome Guillaume,

[I've kept you CC since I don't know if you're subscribed to debian-java or
openjdk ML]

On Fri, 13 May 2011 11:36:40 +0200, Guillaume Mazoyer
<respawneral@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My name is Guillaume Mazoyer and I am the student who will work on
> packaging Jigsaw (modular VM for Java 8) for Debian during this summer
> as part of the Google Summer of Code.
> http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2011/Jigsaw
>
> I would like to join the openjdk packaging team to contribute to the
> openjdk package. I have a lot to learn about this package and that's
> also why I'm a student for this GSoC.

Did you plan to work directly on OpenJDK8 or will you try to package the
"jigsaw" forest of opendjk7 [1] ?

As of packaging all this on Debian/Ubuntu, we currently have two main JDK
repositories [2] [3]. You should have a look to some "guidelines" I've written
for new comers to this package (like me :) [4]

> Joining this team will also allow me to get more familiar with the
> Debian processes and the openjdk package.

doko is the team administrator, you should ping him.

[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jigsaw/jigsaw/summary
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/~openjdk/openjdk/openjdk7
[3] https://code.launchpad.net/~openjdk/openjdk/openjdk6
[4]