openjdk team mailing list archive

Re: Please test openjdk-6 6b33-1.13.5-2~deb6u1 for Debian 6 Squeeze LTS

On 12/04/2014 11:49 AM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
Hello David,

On Sat, 29 Nov 2014, David Ayers wrote:
I have just installed openjdk-6-jre-lib 6b33-1.13.5-2~deb6u1 on a
production system.  I keep track of /etc in a repository and noticed the
following changes:

Thanks for the report. That's the kind of regression that we like to
discover before release, hence I encourage you to install packages that we
submit for test on debian-lts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :-)

That said, this problem also affects
openjdk-6-jre-headless 6b33-1.13.5-2~deb7u1 in wheezy-security. OpenJDK
is special in that the package maintainer does support building
backports out of the current package in sid. So this is in fact
a regression in the packaging... hence I'm including the Open JDK
packaging team in the discussion (and Matthias Klose in particular
since he added the patch which changed this file:
see fontconfig-dejavu.patch in
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openjdk/openjdk/openjdk6/revision/569).

fixed in the VCS.

Matthias, are the changes problematic enough to warrant pushing an
immediate update or can it wait until the next upstream release?
(See below for the changes)

well, it will fall back to some other font, afaik. Honestly I don't run any UI applications in older releases, and I assume most people use it for server applications only. The next batch of security updates is again planned for Jan 2015. If it can wait until then ...

  Matthias