openjdk team mailing list archive

OpenJDK 8u242 GA?

Hi *,

what’s the status of that? There’s a prerelease in sid, and
the Canonical employees have already updated even ancient
versions of *buntu, but there’s nothing in Debian, nor in
the packaging repository.

This is probably security-relevant for stretch… and GA was
planned to be released two weeks ago today as b08 (I haven’t
followed it closely, so I don’t know the precise numbers).
There’s no ETA or anything…

What I don’t understand is why the new version isn’t uploaded
to Debian and then synchronised into *buntu, would that not be
less work, even?

bye,
//mirabilos
--