openjdk team mailing list archive

Re: Sixth Android Tools Team Monthly Meeting

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Le 24/03/2021 à 22:13, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :
>
> > I can certainly bring it back to unstable, built with
> > gcc 10, if there are no major issues involved in making
> > it build with GCC 10, if there is interest.
>
> We are certainly doomed without openjdk-8 in unstable, we really need it
> back.

Okay. So, unless doko vetos (it was he who was the maintainer
and he who requested the removal (to be able to remove GCC 9,
which he is also maintainer of) but I would enter the d-java
list as team maintainer, with myself as uploader for now) I’ll
try to get it building with GCC 10 and upload that to unstable.

Hmmm, considering… does this also mean I’ll need to figure out
how to bootstrap it using JDK 11 as bootstrap compiler? Probably…
anyway, this will take a while.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Rochusstraße 2-4, D-53123 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen: www.tarent.de/newsletter