Re: [Merge] lp:~crichter/openlp/media_rewrite into lp:openlp

The core devs have had a brief chat about this and this has highlighted possible differences of opinion between us. So we plan to put aside some time to talk about this on IRC. However because of various commitments and holidays, this isn't likely to happen until after beta2 has released,

Once we come to a common agreement, we can then present you with a single direction, rather than four different people telling you potentially four conflicting things which doesn't really help anyone!

Some of the things we will discuss are likely to be:
1. Future enhancements such as linking songs to audio (backing tracks) and adding a video background to a theme, should be able to hook into the media displays without too much effort. Backing tracks would obviously need a way of pulling in the media controls cleanly. Some of this may determine how much code is in core and how much is in the media plugin.

2. If the media plugin is disabled, OpenLP should still function perfectly well, so what should happen about the items in #1

3. Plugins should not be accessing core classes/methods directly. I.e. we don't want a method in a plugin to just call something like mainwindow.livecontroller.doSomething(). We need a documented proper api. Signals are usually the preferred method for sending data/performing actions, but we also need to consider the occasions when a plugin needs to retrieve data from core.

4. Whether plugins should be adding items to the controller toolbar, or whether these should be provided by core, and the best way of doing whichever option we choose.

And no doubt other things!

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~crichter/openlp/media_rewrite/+merge/64630