Re: [Merge] lp:~m2j/openlp/formattingtags into lp:openlp

Andreas Preikschat (googol) wrote:
> I had a chat with the other devs about your proposal.
> And most of us found your solution better than the old dialog,
> but also less intuitive. Do you have any suggest to improve this?

First: Do you have seen versions with additional "new" and "delete" buttons? I think they are not as bad at all.

What could be done further more:
- Add placeholder texts for new tags. (It's the situation in the old dialog, but as there are still a lot of examples, I think it does not help)
- There might be more explanation, why a certain HTML isn't valid.
There are things, which are not limited to my implementation:
- The user should see a difference between build-in tags and custom tags, so he knows, why he can't edit them.
- A short label could explain, what are formatting tags, and how they work.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~m2j/openlp/formattingtags/+merge/140652