Re: [Question #629431]: Can't start first time wizard

Question #629431 on OpenLP changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openlp/+question/629431

Description changed to:
Each time I try to start the 1st time wizard (now restart) I get a "Netword error", when "OK" is selected, get "No internet connection"
Please advise.
Ken

The story
Down loaded OpenLP on my Netbook which loaded OK including the Wizard. But the Netbook was not powerful enough to run 2 screens.

Brought an old laptop back to life running Windows 7. Installed OpenLP2.4 from  a memory stick (mistake?) which came up with the above error. Tried installing 2.2 after removing 2.4 which wouldn't start because of outdated datebase - deleted OpenLP from my User folder. Uninstalled and reload 2.4 from Web but still the above error. It would seem that I can't load songs or Bibles etc until the wizard does it stuff. Help would be most welcome.
Ken

It's now working!!!
Not sure exactly why but I uninstalled OpenLP and then searched and deleted any OpenLP files.
Down loaded v2.4 via Windows Explorer instead of Firefox and the set up Wizard ran successfully.
Next step is to learn how to use it....
Ken

--
You received this question notification because your team OpenLP Core is
an answer contact for OpenLP.