openobject-italia-core-devs team mailing list archive

Re: lp:~openobject-italia-core-devs/openobject-addons/l10n_it_6.1_fixes into lp:openobject-addons

Review: Approve

> The 2605 account is not associated to any tax, so it is not moved at invoice
> confirmation. Indeed, it contains the VAT total amount to pay at the end of a
> fiscal period. We set it as 'payable' as it always contains debits and the due
> date of its move lines can be used to see the fiscal deadlines through
> 'account_due_list'[2], for instance. Every line will always have to be
> reconciled with payments to the tax authority.

Thanks for the explanation! It's fine if you handle that account manually or with an extra module, as long as you're aware of the consequences.

> Do you advise a better way to handle fiscal payments and relative deadlines?

I must say I could not understand the google-translated version of the italian wiki page referenced on the description of account_vat_period_end_statement ;-) So I don't know how Italian requirements differ from what can be accomplished with a standard Chart of Taxes and the standard Tax report.
Doing it with this extra module is perhaps a good first step, but perhaps at some point you might want to be able to adapt l10n_it itself to provide this features directly based on the standard chart of taxes.
If this requires modifying the core accounting system you might wish to discuss this in the future in the form of a merge proposal to make the core system flexible enough for your needs...

> A note about fiscal year closing: we usually use the
> 'account_fiscal_year_closing'[3] module so we don't need the automatisms
> related to account user_type (account_fiscal_year_closing needs more manual
> operations)

Interesting! It's great that you managed to reuse some of the Spanish localization's work. Seeing that you have common requirements, perhaps it would be worth it to consider introducing minimal merge proposals for the core addons in order to make them flexible enough to support Italian/Spanish requirements for the fiscal year closing.
As for the VAT statement above, this could be discussed based on an actual merge proposal, if you ever find some time to work on this in the future.

Thanks for your feedback and your excellent contributions, as usual!
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openobject-italia-core-devs/openobject-addons/l10n_it_6.1_fixes/+merge/83374
Your team OpenERP Italia core devs is subscribed to branch lp:~openobject-italia-core-devs/openobject-addons/l10n_it_6.1_fixes.