Ubuntu now looking at OpenShot!

Hello Jonathan.

Today I have been on the #ubuntu-news channel talking to Craig Eddy who
edits the Ubuntu news reports.
 I talked him through installing OpenShot first. He was using an old
Dell 32 bit machine running 9.04. His first attempt failed and so I
talked him through carefully and he got it working.

His comment after installing was; "Tell Jonathan thank you for putting
in option 2 - reinstall.  it wipes out the directories that went bad and
re-downloads everything fresh.  Nicely done."

I then talked him through using it whilst he played around with an old
government film about ploughing! He then declared OpenShot was the best
he had yet seen. He said once we get the install a bit smoother with
proper packages we should have no trouble with getting it into the
Ubuntu repos.

Then he said he was going to use it to produce some "info-mercials"
about Ubuntu to run at Ubuntu fests.

Best wishes, Helen

Follow ups