Blog Comments

FYI:  I have changed the comment settings on my blog to be moderated.  This
way I can delete all the stupid and inaccurate comments before any of our
readers have to see it.  Also, if people post bugs, I can redirect them to
our bug page... instead of filling up comments with vague bug reports.

On a side note, I'm still shocked at how rude and crazy some comments can
be.  I suppose they are just looking for a reaction.  I'm starting to
understand why so many open-source projects are very negative towards
users.   For example, I contacted the django project a few months ago and
posted a bug I found... and their response was that "I needed to learn how
to program in Python before submitting stupid bugs like this".  Seems funny
now, but it was a little upsetting at the time.

Anyway, hopefully these new comment settings will help cut down on how many
negative comments get published on the website.

Thanks,
-Jonathan

Follow ups