Bug Tracking: Video File Incompatibility

Greetings everyone!  Here is a follow up to the email with Dan about
incompatible video files.  I have drafted up a "generic" response which we
should ask any bug report that deals with video file issues.  How does this
look to everyone?  If you have any suggestions, please let me know.  I think
I will create a FAQ in LaunchPad, and then we can just link to it, so we
don't have to copy/paste this lots of times. =)

DRAFT
If you have a video file with is not working as expected, please provide the
following information in your bug report:

1) Does the video play and seek correctly with "ffplay"?

   Instructions: Play the video using the "ffplay" command.  Use the left
and right arrow keys to seek forward and backward (10 second increments).
       $ ffplay 'MyVideo.mp4'

2) Does the video play and seek correctly with "melt"?

   Instructions: Play the video using the "melt" command.  Use the "h" and
"l" keys to seek forward and backware (1 frame increments).
       $ melt 'MyVideo.mp4'

3) Please include details on the video file (using the following command):
       $ ffmpeg -i 'MyVideo.mp4'

4) Please attach a small sample video (less than 10 MB), which reproduces
the problem.

NOTE: These types of bugs can be difficult to resolve.  So, we recommend
using "ffmpeg" to convert your video into another format, which will let you
continue working with OpenShot.  For step by step instructions to using
ffmpeg, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIalNEW-LQ8.
Thanks for reporting the bug, and good luck!

Thanks,
-Jonathan

Follow ups