Unity + GtkRecentChooserMenu always selects first entry

Hi Didier!
Sorry to bother you, but just a quick question for you.  There is a bug
related to GtkRecentChooserMenu and Unity that always selects the first
item, regardless of which recent item was selected.  I have confirmed this
bug still happens in the daily build of Ubuntu 12.04, as well as Ubuntu
11.10.  I have also confirmed this bug only happens in *Unity*.  Gnome
Shell and Gnome Classic do not have any issues with selecting recent items
from a GtkRecentChooserMenu.

*LaunchPad Bug Report:*
https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-appmenu/+bug/752674

You had marked this bug "Invalid" for Unity.  So, that is why I am
contacting you, to help guide me on reporting this bug correctly, so we can
get it fixed for all the applications that are currently breaking in Ubuntu.

Thanks for your help!
-Jonathan

Follow ups