openstack-community team mailing list archive

Re: Beyond the wiki page: planning an International Community Portal

Hi,
From: openstack-community-bounces+atul.jha=csscorp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [openstack-community-bounces+atul.jha=csscorp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Stefano Maffulli [stefano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:34 PM
To: Haisam Ido
Cc: User Groups Community,      OpenStack
Subject: Re: [Openstack-community] Beyond the wiki page: planning an International Community Portal

On Thu 10 May 2012 04:23:34 AM PDT, Haisam Ido wrote:
> http://drupal.org/ might be a good choice for the "portal".  Here's a
> list of Drupal users http://whousesdrupal.com/home

Depending on what the needs are, Drupal may be overkill. For example,

+1

Going ahead with Drupal will be a bad idea for same reason Stefano mentioned.

if we decide not to host and provide web apps for any of the local
groups
(mlists, blog, forums, etc), we may well do with a much smaller
application that's easier to manage than Drupal. Do you think we need
to offer these applications? Who needs to use them?

By the way, do you have experience running a large Drupal site? Would
you be interested in running this project (should we decide to)?

thanks,
stef