openstack-community team mailing list archive

Re: Beyond the wiki page: planning an International Community Portal

Hi,

From: openstack-community-bounces+atul.jha=csscorp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [openstack-community-bounces+atul.jha=csscorp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Saurabh [saurabh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:58 AM
To: Doug Hellmann
Cc: User Groups Community,      OpenStack
Subject: Re: [Openstack-community] Beyond the wiki page: planning an International Community Portal

We use a fork of OpenSource bridge software for organizing ruby conference in India. It runs the

https://github.com/kaiwren/conference , maybe we can just  use some open source app hosted on a vps for organizing openstack meetups, that can also reside as a common network / resource for people using openstack.

Why are we adding complexity? Simply register a openstack LOCO team on launchpad, that team will be mapped to the openstack community team.

Ask users to register to the group, use mailing list 4 announcement. I don`t see point of moving information to 10 different placers and confusing the new or old users.

I don`t see point of having a new portal or meetup.com