Re: ha-guide extra cores?

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Anne Gentle" <annegentle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Andreas Jaeger" <aj@xxxxxxxx>
>
> Adam came to the docs contributor session and I talked to him about the
> potential ideas. He sounds fine either way (in or out of openstack-manuals,
> and he's okay with in or out of an arch guide or something). He did bring
> up something that I hadn't thought of, which is HA guests -- where the VMs
> are highly available. Still sounds like it's admin/operator work, though,
> and the users aren't affected. So it's still in either a separate guide or
> the arch guide.

Sort of, in the recent versions of the implementations I am most familiar with there is a minor user facing component where you mark the image/flavor as requiring instance HA ("evacuable") to opt in. The check for this is in the compute fence agent [1] at ClusterLabs that the Red Hat and SUSE folks among others collaborate on so I *believe* it applies to both solutions. Probably not enough to justify putting the whole thing in user-orientated guides but just noting it.

-Steve

[1] https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/blob/master/fence/agents/compute/fence_compute.py