Re: Core team review - February 2017

On 13/02/17 10:09, Kato, Tomoyuki wrote:
>>>     Hi core team,
>>>
>>>     > After some discussion, our recommendation for February is:
>>>     > Drop: no one
>>>     > Add: Chen Xing (Chason) and Caoyuan
>>>     >
>>>     > Yay or nay?
>>>

>>> I'm fine with adding, though I don't know either of their skill sets or review abilities. Did you ask them to introduce
>> themselves on the list and find out their interest?
>>>
>>> Anne
>>>

>> I've had quite a lot of 1x1 contact with Chason over the past year or so. I believe the main reason that Chason and Caoyuan
>> haven't introduced themselves is because they're uncomfortable with their level of English. I'll email them now, though.
>>
>> Lana
>
> hmmm. It is a difficult matter (same as me).
> I guess they need the word "Don't be shy. Look Kato!"

That's very sweet, Kato-san, thank you!

I have emailed them both, cc Alex, and offered to help them if they're unsure. I really think this is just a confidence issue, which is very understandable with English as a second language. They are both much more willing to email directly rather than on the mailing list, I think the ML can be a little scary when you're not sure if you're making your point well!

Lana Brindley
Technical Writer
Rackspace Cloud Builders Australia
http://lanabrindley.com