Re: Next meeting

Gah!  Sorry, I didn't mean to miss this.  I forgot to put it in my calendar ;-(

I've just been through the meeting log -- it all looks good to me.

I think that it's right to be concerned about standards body participation at this stage.  They can be _very_ political (as well as very tedious).  The DMTF seems to be nothing but Big Bad Vendor A pushing the thing that they've already written, and Big Bad Vendors B, C and D filibustering until they've caught up.  It doesn't sound appropriate to me that OpenStack would even be there, not at this stage anyway.  It's taken us two days to agree on which field should be our username and which should be our password -- there's no way that anyone could correctly and democratically represent our community until things settle down.

Maybe more appropriate would be Rackspace, Citrix, NTT et al attending as independent entities.  We would have a shared goal to further the OpenStack agenda, but would ultimately be acting in our own corporation's best interests.  At least that way it's clear who's speaking for whom.

Ewan.