From: openstack-poc-bounces+john=openstack.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:openstack-poc-bounces+john=openstack.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Thierry Carrez
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 1:48 PM
To: openstack-poc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack-poc] Meeting tomorrow

John Purrier wrote:
> Does it make sense to discuss the state/progress on the GitHub migration
> project? I think someone needs to set some specific target milestones and
> track this (not necessarily the PPB). As ttx points out, earlier is
better;
> if we miss the end of July milestone for having this complete we will
likely
> need to wait until Diablo is done.
>
> For tomorrow's meeting... PTL's, can you update us on where each of your
> projects stand on this? Termie and mtaylor (added to the email) were going
> to come up with a plan for review, is this getting done?

It might make sense to discuss the question that John D. raised recently
about the possibility for each core project to select its own code
hosting...

My take on it is that we should come up with a set of sane options,
rather than letting each core project can select and change their code
hosting whenever they see fit. Those "sane options" would be those that
we support with our continuous integration framework.

At this point that means Launchpad, and GitHub would be the second
option when integration will be complete. For each option considered we
need to consider the cost of supporting it, vs. the gain of supporting
it. In the case of GitHub the gain is pretty obvious (developer
familiarity with Git/GitHub), and I hope we'll soon have a good idea of
the cost :)

Then core projects are free to choose their code hosting among the
"supported options"...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack