Re: PPB Tuesday Meeting

Hi Jarret! Comments inline :)

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Jarret Raim <jarret.raim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jay,
>
> Thanks for the comments. I had changed the text below to be specific about
> LaunchPad, but I had missed the part you pointed out. I went ahead and
> changed that to:
>
> * Operate a private security mailing list and curate private issues in
> LaunchPad for tracking & resolving vulnerabilities.
>
> Hopefully that is a bit more clear.

Yep, perfect. :) Figured it was just a slip of the mind since I saw
the mention of Launchpad later in the doc...

> I changed the text for the initial group membership to limit it to 8. I'm
> happy to lower it if that seems to high. The basic goal was to start with
> a group of diverse people (commercial & open source, Rackspace and not,
> security contractors and not, etc.) If we just want to start out with a
> couple of Rackers and one or two interested parties, I'm fine with that. I
> just wanted to make sure we have a good set of opinions to get going with
> the initial work.

Great.

> By private resources, I just mean the private mailing list and the private
> issues in the LaunchPad tracker. I would imagine the group would strive to
> do most things publicly with anything private being as needed (and
> hopefully temporary). If the language is confusing, I'm happy to fix it.

No problems at all, just wanted some more details on what you meant,
that's all. Sounds perfectly fine. I think in the future, those
private resources should also include a security-focused test suite
and possible some lab hardware that could run a Jenkins builder that
fires such a security test against deployments...

Anyway, great to have you in the OpenStack community, Jarret! Looking
forward to working with you!

Cheers,
-jay